Sausti Manor is first mentioned in history chronicles in 1453.

Nowadays only three cellars with arches made of limestone have preserved from the gallant manor house that was built during the first quarter of the 17th century by the Scharenbergs. These cellars are now partially coverd with earth, and this “hill” is called Keldrimägi by local people.

The older part of the Manor House which has classicistic elements was reconstructed in the middle of the 19th century from the governer’s house built in the 18th century by the Tiesenhausens.

In the first decade of the 20th century the Manor House was extended by a new two-storied part in Jugendstil. In the interior one can still see some of the original details. The grating of a staircase, some of the folding doors, a tesselated floor made of ceramic plates, the staircases of the cellar and the ornaments of the fireplace are only a few of them.

The Manor House is not the only preserved building, the manor complex  also includes a Governor’s House, a Distillery, stables, drying chambers and storehouses.

Most of the buildings have been restored according to historical documents, and due to that Sausti Manor can now be considered as one of the best re-established manors in Estonia.

Presidents of Baltic States - Toomas Hendrik Ilves, Valdis Zatlers and Valdas Adamkus met in Sausti Manor on 25th of November 2008